From the 1920’s till the end of the Second World War, a marvelous cook, Pelagia Gawrońska, was the true ruler of the castle’s kitchen; Her Kitchen! All the fruit and vegetables from the castle garden were delivered straight to her door, and fantastic examples of local game were provided by the passionate hunters, the four sons of old Count Döring.
These days the culinary traditions of Pelagia continue with game as the main ingredient of the delicious dishes cooked by our chef. Guests are invited to experience an unforgettable international journey through the land of flavours and aromas of traditional Polish and regional cuisine – appetising starters, tasty soups and main courses, excellent desserts.
The gastronomic delights all take place in the relaxed surroundings of the unique Castle Dining Room with its original multi-coloured seventeenth century ceiling.
The restaurant is open daily from 1 pm, closing:
10 pm (May – September),
8 pm (Oktober- April).
- Wild boar pâté with horseradish sauce
- Deer loin Carpaccio
- Pigeon consommé with dumplings
- Boletus soup with puree with bacon
- salmon and zander king roulade in horseradish sauce with rice and boiled vegetables
- trout with vegetables baked in foil with Béarnaise sauce
- roast duck with apples in natural sauce, fried red cabbage, pear with cranberry, boiled vegetables, fried potatoes with bacon
- chicken breast a’la Gregor
- beef loin in Gorgonzola sauce, fried potatoes in béchamel sauce
- grilled pork loin in green pepper sauce, fried potatoes in béchamel sauce, boiled vegetables
- roast boar in thyme sauce, fried cabbage and mushrooms, fried potatoes with bacon and onion, pear with cranberry
- roast quails in cherry sauce, rice, boiled vegetables
- strawberries braised in kogel-mogel cream with ice
- sundae ‘The Lord of the rings’